Saturday, June 23, 2007

Counting our blessings

A friend sent me this youtube video this week and it really made me stop and count my blessings. Our brother-in-law is being deployed to Iraq in November and that definitely gives you a new perspective on the sacrifice so many young men and women are making for us. I'm not even sure what I think about this war anymore, but one thing I do know is that a lot of people are making huge sacrifices so that I can live in a country with incredible freedom to live the way I want and to worship God freely. We are so incredibly blessed and I know I take it for granted most of the time. In fact, just today while I was working out in the yard, I started thinking about all the blessings in my life. It is so easy sometimes to focus on the things you don't have. I know that Satan pulls me into that mindset more than I would like to admit. But when I stop and think about all the things God has given me, it makes all my "wants" seem so petty.

I hope you enjoy this video. And a big thank you to all our military families out there who are sacrificing in so many ways for us!!

No comments: