Saturday, March 7, 2009

Altered tins

I love to alter things. I think Mod Podge is one of my favorite inventions!!

A couple of years ago, I altered several of these tins.


Using scrapbook paper, ribbons, chipboard letters, and LOTS of modge podge, I made a couple of recipe boxes.





I also made a mini scrapbook tin - it was my favorite! I made it for my niece who was in kindergarten at the time (actually for her mom - my sister!) I thought it would be a fun and simple way to keep track of some of the memories from elementary school.


Inside the tin, it had 6 cards for kindergarten through 5th grade.


Each card had space on the front to record the years and teacher name as well as a place for their school picture. I put the cards inside a plastic photo sleeve to protect the pictures.


The back of the card had room to record friends, field trips, awards/accomplishments, and memories. You could also file small things in the box behind the appropriate card.



Posting these pictures is reminding me that I never made one of these for myself! I think I need to make a run to Hobby Lobby and get one. I could use a new recipe box!

1 comment:

Friederici Family said...

Kaitlyn's school tin has been so much fun! All two years we've used it, that is ;) But I'm glad you posted this because it reminded me that I need to fill out her 2nd grade info so far :)