Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The zoo again

Wow...it has been two weeks and I haven't posted anything! It seems like life has been really crazy, but when I stop and try to pinpoint why, I can't think of any one thing just a bunch of little things. I seem to have that feeling alot! There are days when I would really like to just simplify my life and slow down...so if anyone has any profound thoughts or ideas please feel free to share.

We went to the zoo again yesterday. It has been raining here for what seems an eternity so we haven't been able to do many outdoor activities. But we braved the weather yesterday and the rain actually held off until we were leaving. We went with some friends we met this spring at the local library story time. The mom is KK and she has two little boys...Leif who is 2 and Ezekiel who is 14 months. We spent the whole time in the toddler area of the zoo but they had a great time playing together. When we left, Tanner kept asking for "my friends". Too cute!!

Here are a few pictures of them playing at the zoo:





Now I have to start getting everything ready for Tanner's birthday party this weekend. Although if this rain doesn't let up soon, we may have to postpone it until next weekend! I don't think I can handle 20 adults and 10 kids in my house on Saturday if it is raining outside! I feel like singing that familiar children's song...you know the one - "Rain, rain go away...come again some other day (or month!)." I never thought I would be longing for the sun in July...but I am! The weather this summer has been very strange.

No comments: