Monday, September 10, 2007

A Success!!

Well the ladies retreat was fantastic! Every single lady showed up that was registered...56 ladies in all. We had no major problems and the facility was absolutely beautiful. Most importantly, the message for the weekend was truly God breathed and many lives were touched. We watched a Beth Moore video series on "Loving Well". Her main points were as follows: 1.) God is perfect love, 2.) Nothing can separate us from God's perfect love, 3.) God's perfect love is poured into our imperfect hearts, and 4.) Accessed, we can love anyone through anything. It was a wonderful message - encouraging and challenging at the same time.

God showed me several things this weekend. For one thing, He showed me how great it can be when the body of Christ works together and everyone uses their individual gifts. I had a great leadership team, and while I must admit that I struggled with some of the delegating during the planning stage, I really felt God challenging me to let everyone play their part and not try to hold their hand. That is usually very hard for me to do, but I know it is just pride on my part. So, I assigned the duties and let them be and it was so awesome to see everything come together...and beautifully! Usually when I am in charge of things, I am stressed out the entire time because I am trying to do everything. However, because I had delegated, this experience was so much better. I was able to relax and enjoy the weekend and just sit back on several occasions and observe other people operating in their gifts and talents. It was such a beautiful thing to behold!

This weekend was also so exciting for me because I felt like I was finally returning to the calling of God on my life. This weekend felt so natural for me and I could really feel God's hand on me. Chris and I are doing more and more at the church, and while it can be a little scary and overwhelming at times, I am also excited about what God has in store for us. I definitely feel my comfort zone being stretched, but I know that is the only way to grow!

No comments: