Friday, September 7, 2007

Ladies Retreat

Well, it is early Friday morning and our church ladies retreat starts today. I just got finished spending some time with the Lord about this weekend, and I am so excited about what He has in store for us! I had a lot of last minute registrations so our final number is 56 ladies. After a crazy week trying to get all the last minute details finished, it is finally here...ready or not!

I know it will be a great time of refreshing for so many of the ladies. My heart is that we will be a unified group this weekend and every one will feel welcome and loved. We have so many new ladies at the church and this is the first FFC retreat for many of them. Like any other place, we naturally have cliques, but I am really praying that the women will step out of their comfort zone this weekend and love on each other.

I John 4:7 (Amplified Bible)

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is (springs) from God; and he who loves [his fellowmen] is begotten (born) of God and is coming [progressively] to know and understand God [to perceive and recognize and get a better and clearer knowledge of Him].

This is our theme verse for the weekend, and I just love this version of it. Oh Lord, help us to have a love that springs from you. Help us to develop a better understanding and knowledge of who you are, so that we can love those around us. Make us your vessels and pour your love out of us so that it splashes on everyone we come in contact with. Amen!

No comments: