Wednesday, August 29, 2007

God's faithfulness

We have been back from vacation for four days and I feel like I haven't stopped running since we landed! God obviously knew I needed some rest before the craziness began. Our church ladies retreat is only 9 days away and this is my first year to be in charge. I have an awesome leadership team helping me pull everything together, but I am still fighting the stress and anxiety that tends to come with being in charge. But God is so awesome! I was running errands on Monday and found myself thinking about all the different aspects of the retreat and I could feel the anxiety beginning to creep in. As my mind was racing with all those "what if" scenarios, I suddenly looked out the front windshield and there was the most gorgeous rainbow. It blew me away and immediately I was reminded that God is faithful and He always keeps His promises. I was reminded of the verse in Matthew 18:20 that says, "where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." That rainbow was God's way of reminding me that He will be there and that is all that really matters. I don't need to worry about all the little details because He is bigger than any problems that may come up. And as one of my friends reminded me, He has an agenda for the retreat and it may be different than mine. And that is OK!! My prayer is that I will be obedient and sensitive to His leading.

No comments: